After install power pivot on your server, when you try to either refresh the PivotTable or filter the data in the PivotTable, you may get the following error message:
“We cannot locate a server to load the workbook Data Model.”
Reason of issue:
This issue occurs because the server instance has not been configured in the Central Administration site.
1. To work around this issue, configure the Excel Services service application on the SharePoint server. To do this, follow these steps:
2. In the Application Management section of the Central Administration home page, click Manage service applications.
3. On the Manage Service Applications page, click the Excel Services service application that you want to configure.
4. On the Manage Excel Services page, click Data Model.
5. Click Add Server.
6. In the Server Name box, type the name of the analysis Services instance that you want to add.
7. Click Ok.